The educations gained by the chaar sahibzaade’s were way beyond their age. Sahibzaada Ajit Singh and sahibzaada Jujhar singh were well educated in philosophy, history and religious texts and had training in the martial arts such as horse riding, swordsmanship, archery and gatka. They always gave equal importance to education and martial arts. The Sahibzada’s never rejected education in favor of doing the right thing or vice versa, they did both at the same time.
The sahibzaade’s were blessed to be born as Guru Gobind Singh Ji’s son but it doesn’t mean they got all the knowledge and strength in legacy. They have earned it themselves and so can we. We need to become like the Sahibzada’s in this manner where we learn to do both things at the same time. Often we hide behind the excuse of education and work, so we don’t have to follow the order of our father Guru Gobind Singh Ji and do the right thing. But let’s initiate our first step towards changing our self towards the path of Chaar Sahibzaade’s. We can also become Guru Gobind Singh Ji child if we follow atleast 8 such qualities of Chaar Sahibzaade’s.
LEARN 8 QUALITIES OF CHAAR SAHIBZAADE TO BECOME GURU GOBIND SINGH JI’S CHILD
1. Be Brave and fearless: Guru Gobind Singh’s wants his Sikh to be a brave, fearless and strong as a lion and yet sweet, humble and loving. In Chamkaur battle, there were many brave Sikhs who fight for their faith and fearlessly achieved martyrdom along with Sahibzaada Ajit Singh and Sahibzaada Jujhar Singh. We should also learn to become more strong, brave and fearless since death can come anytime for coward as well.
Serve the True Guru fearlessly, and your doubt shall be dispelled.
2. Stand by your faith: Sikhs should stand by their faith in Guru Ji’s teaching. When Sahibzaada Zorawar Singh and Sahibzaada Fateh Singh were lodged for a night in a cold room in tower (Thanda Burj) with Mata Gujri Ji. Mataji teach them the lessons of Sikh History. On hearing about the ideals set by the Gurus the two Sahibzaade assured Mataji that they will stand by the faith and follow the footstep of their father.
Why lose your faith to save your life, Faith lives with you, even after you die.
3. Remove Ego: Even though Sahibzaade’s did an amazing job in whatever they did but they never had any ego. They were always keen to learn, practice and improve themselves. So we should not proud of what we have achieved in life, instead we should keep on learning everyday and at same time do our job with full commitment and passion
ਤਜਿ ਅਭਿਮਾਨ ਭਯੇ ਨਿਰਵੈਰ ||
Shedding my Ego, I have become free of hate.
4. Respect your parents: Sahibzaade’s followed the instructions of their father, and always did whatever their Guru, their father told them to do. How often do we listen to our parents today? How often do we do as Guru Ji instructed us to do? Where is the respect if we can’t even follow simple instructions given by our parents or the Guru Ji? We need to be like the Sahibzada’s.
5. Fight for your rights: Guru Gobind Singh Ji fought against oppression because Guru Ji said “When all other means have failed, it is your right to raise arms and fight for your rights.” This is exactly what Sikhs should do. We have to be both Saints and Warriors. Practicing Naam Simran and fighting against oppression at the same time is what Guru Ji has taught us. Guru Gobind Singh Ji said that sovereignty is a MUST for a religion otherwise it perishes. Whenever Guru Gobind Singh Ji instructed Sahibzaada Ajit Singh Ji to go and fight for what’s right, he always went without questioning.
6. Don’t Bow your head other than Guru Sahib: Sikhs should not bow their head other than Guru Granth Sahib Ji. At the time when Chote Sahibzaade’s were taken to Nawab’s court, as the Sahibzaade reached the Court they noticed that the big gate was closed and there was only a small window for gaining entry to the Court. It was setup so that the Sons of Guru Gobind Singh would have to bow to Quran which Qazi was holding in his hands across the door. The intelligent Sahibzaade saw through the game. They put their feet forward and jumped inside through the window without bowing their heads.
ਆਗਯਾ ਭਈ ਅਕਾਲ ਕਿ ਤਭੀ ਚਾਲਾਯੋ ਪੰਥ,
ਸਾਬ ਸਿਖਣ ਕੋ ਹੁਕੂਮ ਹੈ ਗੁਰੂ ਮਾੰਯੋ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ.
ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਜੀ ਮਾੰਯੋ ਪਰਗਟ ਗੁਰਾਣ ਕਿ ਦੇਹ.
ਜੋ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਕੋ ਮਿਲ ਬੋਚ ਹੈ ਖੋਜ ਸ਼ਬਦ ਮੇਂ ਲੇ
7. Don’t prefer wealth over religion: Earning money is not sin. Sikhs can actively create wealth so long as they always remember that this knowledge is a blessing from God and that a small portion of the wealth (10% is recommended) should be donated for the greater benefit of humanity. Also, Sikhs should never forget that all wealth, property and riches belong to God. When Chote sahibzaade’s were arrested and presented in the nawab’s court, they were offered with worldly goods but the two Sahibzaade shouted back in one voice. “We care not for the worldly wealth. We shall not renounce our religion at any cost”
8. Do not fear death, it will come to everyone at any point: Sikh should not fear death as no one knows how long their life is. So let’s try to learn and live the sahibzaade’s way of life in our daily routines. Kabeer Ji’s says:
ਕਬੀਰ ਮਰਤਾ ਜਾਗ ਮੋਯਾ ਮਰ੍ਬਿ ਨਾ ਜਾਣਿਆ ਕੋਈ
ਐਸਿ ਮਰਨੀ ਜੋ ਮਰੇ ਬਹੁਰ ਨਾ ਮਰਨਾ ਹੋਏ ||29||
Kabeer, dying, the whole world has to die, and yet, none know how to die. Let those who die, die such a death, that they shall never have to die again. ||29||
Source : Sikh Professionals