Chandigarh, April 29, 2022 (Punjabi Teshan) Khosa Cine Corporation and Punjeeri Production – Desi Valaitiye, UK will be presenting ‘Jind Tere Naa’, a musical love story Punjabi film, which will be shot in the United Kingdom for 22 days. The poster of the movie, whose shooting will be completed by August-end, was also unveiled by the production team of ‘Jind Tere Naa’. Actresses Tamanna Sodi and Monika Sharma also took part in the unveiling of the upcoming film’s poster.
“It will be a real musical love story Punjabi film which the audience will certainly like,” said Baljinder Singh Khosa, owner of Khosa Cine Corporation and producer, during a media interaction at Chandigarh Press Club, here.
The story of the movie has been written by RP Singh, who is also the director and lyricist of the film. Sanjeev Bhanot, owner of Punjeeri Production – Desi Valaitiye, will take care of shooting permissions etc in the UK. The creative director of the film is Pardeep Singh Dhall and Assistant Directors are R Jassi, Gaggi Singh and Devender Singh Virdi, Technical Head.
Advocate P. M.P Singh of Punjab and Haryana High Court, is the legal consultant for the project. All these people associated with the project were present in the press meet held to announce the movie -‘Jind tere Naa.’
Speaking on the occasion, RP Singh, who has also written and directed short films for Doordarshan like ‘Raftaar’, ‘Adhoora Sach’, ‘Short Cut’, serial ‘Jeevan Saathi’, ‘Shaadi Laal’, etc said that ‘Jind Tere Naa’ is going to set multiple examples in terms of theme, music, direction and dialogue. “The film will be a healthy family entertainer,” said Singh.
Reflecting on the film, R P Singh added, “’Jind Tere Naa’ veers around the story of the young generation. Everybody thinks that youngsters in Punjab are crazy for going and settling abroad, which is not 100 per cent true. People are also leading a very good life here in India, especially in Punjab. They have very deep roots here and don’t want to leave their soil. This is also a reality.”
Khosa said that the film will be an eye-opener for many people who are carrying the same wrong impression that youth in Punjab are hell-bent upon having their foothold abroad. “It is not like that. It is a matter of choice. The young generation is quite engrossed in the values and ethos of Punjab and Punjabiyat,” he added.
On the collaboration with Punjeeri Production – Desi Valaitiye, UK, Khosa said: “It is like giving back to society and the roots you belong to. Punjabi Diaspora has a great liking and attachment with the land of their birth. The spirit of giving back to the roots is quite strong among the Punjabi Diaspora.”
Added Bhanot: “We are extremely delighted to have joined hands with Khosa Cine Corporation. Punjeeri Production – Desi Valaitiye will be promoting productions of Khosa Cine Corporation in the UK and worldwide. It is a positive sign. We wish to strengthen the dynamics associated with Punjabi movies.”
Creative Director Pardeep Singh Dhall said, “Punjabi films have come of age and now even offshore production houses are showing interest in Punjabi films. Punjeeri Production – Desi Valaitiye is UK based but is showing interest in Punjabi films. The credit also goes to Punjabi Diaspora, which is accelerating the growth of Punjabi cinema. As a result, Canada and the UK have turned into fertile markets for Punjabi films.”
Dhall revealed that almost 70 per cent of the film will be shot in India, mainly Punjab and the rest 30 per cent in the UK.